Tuesday 26 October 2010

News and Magazine production – Week four

Sadly I was unable to acquire a copy of DRAINOR magazine as it appears to no longer be in production. Despite this, it seems to have been a cult hit among the Urbex community online even though I can only find two issues of it, both of which are sold out. This week’s session was very productive and I received some positive feedback for my work which was nice! Some points to expand on the piece were offered.

These include working towards understand the psychology behind why people enjoy a sometimes dangerous and always mysterious pastime.

What are the numbers involved? How many active Infiltrators are out there?

The motivation

I also decided to expand from just photography and try and find some other media that was related to Urbex. I remember a great music video from one of my favourite bands that might in fact be considered as such.

Faith No More – Ashes to Ashes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oKhMPemjY In the video the shots are very reminiscent of the type of photography seen in Urban Exploration.

For next week I plan to have to have my article ready for submission and editing.


(Updates as and when)

No comments:

Post a Comment